RENTING A STORAGE UNIT VERSUS MOVING ALL YOUR POSSESSIONS
When you are moving house and you have a lot of clutter that you are not ready to get rid of, you have two options – either taking it all with you, or storing it somewhere for safe keeping till you find a place (or a need) for it. Either of them will cost you money and both of them will be tiring to do, but really, which is better? That is something for you to decide when the time for house relocation comes. Here is what you get out of both to help you make the decision:
- With storage you get infinite space for every single item you want – the problematic clutter becomes all the free space you want at home and all the paid space you want in the unit;
- Storage allows you to store it all for as long as you want, as long as you can pay the fees;
- Storage is usually at a nearby facility and all it takes to get to it is one removal van;
- Storage options are varied and easier to handle – many moving companies offer a reliable man and van to deal with collection and delivery.
Taking It All
- Moving home with so many items means quite a lot of work. On the plus side, by taking your items along, you get better exercise;
- If you take your items, you know where your possessions are. No need to fear that something may go missing;
- You will be able to organise the place when you have everything you own to take along. There will be no unknowns and you can plan immediately;
- If you use storage for your items, you might just wait for them to become useless and throw them away, so taking them along means that you’ll find some use for them.
With this in mind, you can start making plans for your house removal, or deciding on a new moving date. Either is fine, really – every season has its ups and downs, and it is totally up to you to decide whether you want to move during a hot one or during a slightly colder one. Just don’t pick winter – that is one icy hell you want to avoid.